The Balance Point product ecosystem incorporates being able to make better decisions and STRADDLE uncertainty the E.A.S.Y Way. Being able to STRADDLE uncertainty draws on the Balance Point philosophy paving the way as you pioneer transformational change and make better decisions.
Being a human who makes better decisions to do good
To make better decisions in both your personal and professional life requires a deep commitment and acceptance of being able to find your Balance Point and STRADDLE uncertainty.
Being a human that makes better decisions to then influence an organisation in its better decision-making requires the ability to prevent #ADWAG and not use dominant default models in the decision-making process.
The STRADDLE Decision-Making Continuum outlines the decision-making trade-offs by using the axes of a grid and four quadrants. The fluid endpoint of the interface between the Balance Point around these quadrants is best described as making better decisions the E.A.S.Y Way.
Uncertainty vs Certainty
There is no single perfect position of balance along the STRADDLE Decision-Making Continuum. The better decision point is emergent, forever changing between uncertainty (unknown plans) and certainty (known plans)
Exploitation vs ExplorationThe STRADDLE Decision-Making Continuum extends beyond the explore/exploit trade-off by encouraging emergent decision-making. Osculating dynamically between exploration (unknown possibilities) and exploitation (known certainties).
Coming soon to www.dr-jmt.com are seven short eCourses which explore the seven hacks that help you STRADDLE decision-making during uncertainty. These seven hacks are summarised as follows:
- S – Shape – decision-makers are not all the same: know that ‘one size decision-making does not fit all’
- T – Transformation – don’t let your decisions stand still: three actions to mobilise agile decision-making: paradigm shift; priority; pivot
- R- Reinvention – take advantage of the opportunity of order in an enabling theory of change: purpose; process; performance
- A -Abundance -better decisions grounded in hyper empathy: pay it forward; build trust; reward learning & adaption; invest to invert inequality
- D/D -Double Deal – finding the win-win or shared value to enable purpose for profit
- Long term– time frames for future thinking and making decisions to be collaborative: be the best ancestors we can be
- Enlightenment – being accountable for better decision making through eight critical thinking prompts.
A few final words
The E.A.S.Y Way decision making relationship traits are not static and it is important to ensure that part of finding your Balance Point is knowing which is your dominant trait, what trait best suits the decisions to be made and what are the dominant relationship traits of those involved in making decisions. Knowing your Balance Point to STRADDLE uncertainty becomes a priority in making better decisions the E.A.S.Y. Way.
The STRADDLE Decision-Making Continuum illuminates the path to making better decisions in times of uncertainty. Leveraging your core decision making process will enable you to make better decisions and enable change that is also meaningful across a multitude of societal issues.